Open Science and Communication Cell
The activities of the Open Science and Communication Cell cover the following objectives:
- Enhance the laboratory's activities and promote its image,
- Ensure the dissemination and sharing of research results,
- Facilitate internal exchanges,
- Contribute to the dialogue between science and society,
- Support knowledge sharing,
- Attract young people to science.
The activities are carried out in coherence with the activities of the CNRS and Aix-Marseille University authorities and in connection with the networks of:
- Communication: Com'IN2P3, Com'On CNRS, Com'CNRS-DR12,
- Technical and Scientific Culture (CST): CST- AMU, CST-Culture Science Paca,
- Technical and Scientific Information: Democrite-IN2P3, Renatis-CNRS.
Head of the department: Magali Damoiseaux, Communication Manager
Marie Roger-Chantin, Information Resources Officer
- scientific communication,
- dissemination of knowledge,
- technical and scientific culture,
- technical and scientific information,
- open science,
- digital communication.
- Design of the communication strategy with the laboratory management,
- Institutional supports design: websites, activity reports, leaflets,
- Writing articles for the general public,
- Setting up a photo and video library, photo and video reports,
- Animation of the social network Twitter,
- Recommendations and coaching of staff in « Technical and Scientific Information » and also in « Communication »,
- Metadata processing of scientific production through the Inspire-HEP platform for automatic data transfer into the HAL-IN2P3 open archive and the CPPM Limbra database, with more than 250 publications per year,
- Organization of the monthly Conferences Series for the general public "Mysteries at the heart of the Universe and matter" about 1,500 people per year,
- Coordination of CPPM involvement: at the "Fête de la Science", with the « Village of La Seyne-sur-Mer », about 5,000 people; in the International Physics Masterclasses for approximately 350 high school students per year,
- Co-coordination of the "Dialogu'IST" workshops on innovative practices and services of Scientific and Technical Information (IST). Organized twice a year and backed by the national network Renatis, these workshops are training sessions via a videoconferencing system spread over 12 sites in France, allowing to promote exchanges and to train about 100 people at each edition.